WR Chad Johnson charged with domestic battery
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Six-time Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson has been formally charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery.
The Broward State Attorney's Office filed the charge Wednesday. Johnson faces up to a year in county jail.
Johnson was arrested last month after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument in front of their home. He was later freed on $2,500 bond.
The confrontation came barely a month after Johnson married Evelyn Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." The 34-year-old Johnson had been battling for a spot on the Miami Dolphins after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots in 2011.
The Dolphins released Johnson a day after his arrest.
Johnson is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning and to file a written plea of not guilty.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore