Springsteen's daughter lobbies NJ governor on bill
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- The famously liberal Bruce Springsteen has never said anything publicly about one of his biggest fans, New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie.
But the Boss' 20-year-old daughter is addressing Christie.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says accomplished equestrian Jessica Springsteen has signed a letter urging Christie to sign a bill that would ban slaughtering horses in the state.
New Jersey's Legislature passed the bill in June.
There's no word on what the governor intends to do with the bill.
bruce springsteen, trenton, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr