Madsen released from hospital after Malibu arrest
LOS ANGELES (AP) -September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Michael Madsen has been released from a hospital after being arrested for investigation of drunken driving on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.
Madsen's attorney Perry Wander said Thursday that the "Reservoir Dogs" actor had complained of an undisclosed medical problem but has since been released.
Authorities say Madsen was arrested Wednesday after driving erratically in a Pontiac GTO. Investigators say in a preliminary test Madsen had a blood-alcohol level of .21 percent, more than twice the legal limit of .08 percent.
Wander said Madsen had been taking prescription medication that could have caused him to fail the sobriety test.
It was the second arrest in six months for Madsen. He was previously arrested after he allegedly got into a fight with his teenage son, but prosecutors declined to file charges.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 10 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 52 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act