Actress Sally Struthers charged with DUI in Maine
OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Maine say actress Sally Struthers has been charged with drunken driving.
Police say Struthers was arrested early Wednesday morning after being pulled over on U.S. Route 1 in the southern Maine resort town of Ogunquit. She was charged with criminal operating under the influence and posted $160 bail.
The 65-year-old actress has been performing at the Ogunquit Playhouse in the musical "9 to 5."
The Associated Press left messages at the playhouse and with her publicist. Police had no information on whether she had an attorney.
Struthers is best known for her role as Gloria Stivic in the 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family" and later for heart-tugging ads seeking money for children's charities.
DUI, maine, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 10 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 35 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
35 min ago