Actress Sally Struthers charged with DUI in Maine
OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Maine say actress Sally Struthers has been charged with drunken driving.
Police say Struthers was arrested early Wednesday morning after being pulled over on U.S. Route 1 in the southern Maine resort town of Ogunquit. She was charged with criminal operating under the influence and posted $160 bail.
The 65-year-old actress has been performing at the Ogunquit Playhouse in the musical "9 to 5."
The Associated Press left messages at the playhouse and with her publicist. Police had no information on whether she had an attorney.
Struthers is best known for her role as Gloria Stivic in the 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family" and later for heart-tugging ads seeking money for children's charities.
DUI, maine, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 4 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Body found in Logan tire fire 27 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 59 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 49 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
10 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
59 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
27 min ago