Keira Knightley: 'I had no life' besides acting
NEW YORK (AP) -September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Keira Knightley seems to be in a good place personally and professionally. She's engaged to marry musician James Righton and stars in the film adaptation of "Anna Karenina" alongside Jude Law.
The 27-year-old tells Vogue magazine's October issue, there was a time when she wasn't in such a good place.
She recalls a time when the fame from such roles as "Bend it like Beckham" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise was too intense. She says she "literally had no life outside of acting" and desired to "not be 'on' all the time."
Instead of working, Knightley read books, cooked and lived in France.
The October issue of Vogue goes on sale nationwide Sept. 25.
"Anna Karenina" opens in limited release on Nov. 16.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 16 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...