Keira Knightley: 'I had no life' besides acting
NEW YORK (AP) -September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Keira Knightley seems to be in a good place personally and professionally. She's engaged to marry musician James Righton and stars in the film adaptation of "Anna Karenina" alongside Jude Law.
The 27-year-old tells Vogue magazine's October issue, there was a time when she wasn't in such a good place.
She recalls a time when the fame from such roles as "Bend it like Beckham" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise was too intense. She says she "literally had no life outside of acting" and desired to "not be 'on' all the time."
Instead of working, Knightley read books, cooked and lived in France.
The October issue of Vogue goes on sale nationwide Sept. 25.
"Anna Karenina" opens in limited release on Nov. 16.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore