Keira Knightley: 'I had no life' besides acting
NEW YORK (AP) -September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Keira Knightley seems to be in a good place personally and professionally. She's engaged to marry musician James Righton and stars in the film adaptation of "Anna Karenina" alongside Jude Law.
The 27-year-old tells Vogue magazine's October issue, there was a time when she wasn't in such a good place.
She recalls a time when the fame from such roles as "Bend it like Beckham" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise was too intense. She says she "literally had no life outside of acting" and desired to "not be 'on' all the time."
Instead of working, Knightley read books, cooked and lived in France.
The October issue of Vogue goes on sale nationwide Sept. 25.
"Anna Karenina" opens in limited release on Nov. 16.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies