Keira Knightley: 'I had no life' besides acting
NEW YORK (AP) -September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Keira Knightley seems to be in a good place personally and professionally. She's engaged to marry musician James Righton and stars in the film adaptation of "Anna Karenina" alongside Jude Law.
The 27-year-old tells Vogue magazine's October issue, there was a time when she wasn't in such a good place.
She recalls a time when the fame from such roles as "Bend it like Beckham" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise was too intense. She says she "literally had no life outside of acting" and desired to "not be 'on' all the time."
Instead of working, Knightley read books, cooked and lived in France.
The October issue of Vogue goes on sale nationwide Sept. 25.
"Anna Karenina" opens in limited release on Nov. 16.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 6 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts