Late painter's girlfriend agrees to pay $11K rent
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - September 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thomas Kinkade's girlfriend is agreeing to pay $11,000 a month to rent the San Francisco Bay area mansion where she had lived with the late artist, but his paintings and possessions remain the focus of a bitter estate fight.
The San Jose Mercury News reports (http://bit.ly/OUu0GD ) that Kinkade's widow, Nanette, sought permission Monday from a probate judge to remove all the furniture and art from the 6,000-square-foot home.
Kinkade's girlfriend, Amy Pinto, claims the popular painter wrote two hand-written notes before his April death from an alcohol and prescription drug overdose that bequeathed her both the house and $10 million to establish a museum of his work on the property.
Judge Thomas Cain told the two women to come back to court on Dec. 3 with a list of items to which they feel entitled.
san francisco, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs