Late painter's girlfriend agrees to pay $11K rent
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - September 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thomas Kinkade's girlfriend is agreeing to pay $11,000 a month to rent the San Francisco Bay area mansion where she had lived with the late artist, but his paintings and possessions remain the focus of a bitter estate fight.
The San Jose Mercury News reports (http://bit.ly/OUu0GD ) that Kinkade's widow, Nanette, sought permission Monday from a probate judge to remove all the furniture and art from the 6,000-square-foot home.
Kinkade's girlfriend, Amy Pinto, claims the popular painter wrote two hand-written notes before his April death from an alcohol and prescription drug overdose that bequeathed her both the house and $10 million to establish a museum of his work on the property.
Judge Thomas Cain told the two women to come back to court on Dec. 3 with a list of items to which they feel entitled.
san francisco, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 13 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 38 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch