Empty chairs again for Eastwood at film premiere
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three weeks ago, Clint Eastwood shared the spotlight with a single chair.
On Wednesday night, he shared it with 16.
The 82-year-old Oscar winner walked the press gauntlet at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film "Trouble With the Curve" - with the empty chairs right behind him.
They were simply set dressing: bleacher seats lined up along the green carpet at the premiere for "Trouble With the Curve," a family drama about a fading baseball-scout father played by Eastwood and his estranged daughter, played by Amy Adams.
When it was pointed out to him the Oscar winner laughed.
On Aug. 30, Eastwood stood on stage at the Republican National Convention berating an empty chair, representing President Barack Obama.
los angeles, movies, hollywood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 10 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 7 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 53 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
25 min ago