Empty chairs again for Eastwood at film premiere
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three weeks ago, Clint Eastwood shared the spotlight with a single chair.
On Wednesday night, he shared it with 16.
The 82-year-old Oscar winner walked the press gauntlet at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film "Trouble With the Curve" - with the empty chairs right behind him.
They were simply set dressing: bleacher seats lined up along the green carpet at the premiere for "Trouble With the Curve," a family drama about a fading baseball-scout father played by Eastwood and his estranged daughter, played by Amy Adams.
When it was pointed out to him the Oscar winner laughed.
On Aug. 30, Eastwood stood on stage at the Republican National Convention berating an empty chair, representing President Barack Obama.
los angeles, movies, hollywood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 47 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
47 min ago
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
15 min ago