Willie Nelson pens new memoir for release Nov. 13
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Willie Nelson has proven to be one of America's most prolific songwriters. Turns out he's no slouch when it comes to memoirs, either: He has a new one due in November.
Nelson will release "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die" on Nov. 13. Publisher William Morrow says the American music icon will tell never-before-heard stories about his life, family, music, politics, Texas, religion and favorite recreational activity.
A news release says the book will include contributions from family and friends, artwork by his son Micah and a forward by author, musician and friend Kinky Friedman.
Nelson has published a number of books on several topics since his first autobiography in 1988.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ