Willie Nelson pens new memoir for release Nov. 13
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Willie Nelson has proven to be one of America's most prolific songwriters. Turns out he's no slouch when it comes to memoirs, either: He has a new one due in November.
Nelson will release "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die" on Nov. 13. Publisher William Morrow says the American music icon will tell never-before-heard stories about his life, family, music, politics, Texas, religion and favorite recreational activity.
A news release says the book will include contributions from family and friends, artwork by his son Micah and a forward by author, musician and friend Kinky Friedman.
Nelson has published a number of books on several topics since his first autobiography in 1988.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book