Willie Nelson pens new memoir for release Nov. 13
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Willie Nelson has proven to be one of America's most prolific songwriters. Turns out he's no slouch when it comes to memoirs, either: He has a new one due in November.
Nelson will release "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die" on Nov. 13. Publisher William Morrow says the American music icon will tell never-before-heard stories about his life, family, music, politics, Texas, religion and favorite recreational activity.
A news release says the book will include contributions from family and friends, artwork by his son Micah and a forward by author, musician and friend Kinky Friedman.
Nelson has published a number of books on several topics since his first autobiography in 1988.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's