Alicia Keys sings to the heavens
MANCHESTER, England (AP) -September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Alicia Keys has been getting in touch with her spiritual side, headlining "MTV Crashes Manchester" in the city's cathedral.
The 14-time Grammy Award winning singer and songwriter said performing in a place of worship was "a real honor" and added that there was "an energy there that's very different."
Alongside old favorites, Keys on Monday night treated the 1,000-strong U.K. crowd to songs from her highly anticipated new album "Girl on Fire," saying afterward that it was incredible to see people get into the new tracks.
Since releasing her debut album "Songs in A Minor" Keys has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide. "Girl on Fire" is set for release Nov. 26.
music, mtv, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 57 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 36 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool