Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard record
NEW YORK (AP) -September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lil Wayne is not only making rap history, he's rock 'n roll history: the rapper has surpassed Elvis Presley as the leading male with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Lil Wayne now has 109 songs on that chart with the debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of his 109 charted songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis Presley totaled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. Presley's career kicked off before that and several of his songs - like "Heartbreak Hotel" - could not be included in his total number.
The "Glee" cast has the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
lil wayne, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish