Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard record
NEW YORK (AP) -September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lil Wayne is not only making rap history, he's rock 'n roll history: the rapper has surpassed Elvis Presley as the leading male with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Lil Wayne now has 109 songs on that chart with the debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of his 109 charted songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis Presley totaled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. Presley's career kicked off before that and several of his songs - like "Heartbreak Hotel" - could not be included in his total number.
The "Glee" cast has the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
lil wayne, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 31 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos