Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard record
NEW YORK (AP) -September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lil Wayne is not only making rap history, he's rock 'n roll history: the rapper has surpassed Elvis Presley as the leading male with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Lil Wayne now has 109 songs on that chart with the debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of his 109 charted songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis Presley totaled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. Presley's career kicked off before that and several of his songs - like "Heartbreak Hotel" - could not be included in his total number.
The "Glee" cast has the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
lil wayne, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 18 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 46 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 6 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 13 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 19 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos