Kristen Bell hits Target in product-placement film
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Talk about product placement: Target is releasing an episodic series of short films starring Kristen Bell and Nia Long and everything on screen is for sale.
The company unveiled the three episodes of "Falling for You" Thursday at a private event at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.
Bell plays an advertising exec and Long is her boss in "Falling for You." Zachary Abel plays Bell's rival - and potential love interest - in the series, wherein online viewers can click on any item on screen and add it to their shopping cart, from fashion to housewares.
"It's a very exciting concept," Bell said. "It felt very fluid. A lot of it is just showing things in their natural habitat. I felt like it was more natural than a product-placement situation (on a film set)."
More than 100 products are featured in the three-episode arc. "Falling for You" will begin airing Oct. 2 and the products featured will be available until Nov. 1.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 50 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
7 min ago