Kristen Bell hits Target in product-placement film
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Talk about product placement: Target is releasing an episodic series of short films starring Kristen Bell and Nia Long and everything on screen is for sale.
The company unveiled the three episodes of "Falling for You" Thursday at a private event at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles.
Bell plays an advertising exec and Long is her boss in "Falling for You." Zachary Abel plays Bell's rival - and potential love interest - in the series, wherein online viewers can click on any item on screen and add it to their shopping cart, from fashion to housewares.
"It's a very exciting concept," Bell said. "It felt very fluid. A lot of it is just showing things in their natural habitat. I felt like it was more natural than a product-placement situation (on a film set)."
More than 100 products are featured in the three-episode arc. "Falling for You" will begin airing Oct. 2 and the products featured will be available until Nov. 1.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 28 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 38 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 25 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 24 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 41 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 15 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
41 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
28 min ago