Dave Grohl says Foo Fighters are taking a break
NEW YORK (AP) - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dave Grohl says his band Foo Fighters is officially taking a break.
Grohl sent an open letter Tuesday, calling the band "my life," but noting "it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while."
Grohl told fans Saturday at the Global Citizen Festival he didn't know when the band would play together again, and affirmed that in the letter.
He created Foo Fighters in 1994 after his time as the drummer in Nirvana, recording the band's self-titled debut before inviting other members to join. The band has been one of rock 'n' roll's most enduring critical and commercial successes, winning 11 Grammys, including five earlier this year.
Grohl says he's now focused on his forthcoming Sound City documentary and album.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 39 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 49 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more