Dave Grohl says Foo Fighters are taking a break
NEW YORK (AP) - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dave Grohl says his band Foo Fighters is officially taking a break.
Grohl sent an open letter Tuesday, calling the band "my life," but noting "it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while."
Grohl told fans Saturday at the Global Citizen Festival he didn't know when the band would play together again, and affirmed that in the letter.
He created Foo Fighters in 1994 after his time as the drummer in Nirvana, recording the band's self-titled debut before inviting other members to join. The band has been one of rock 'n' roll's most enduring critical and commercial successes, winning 11 Grammys, including five earlier this year.
Grohl says he's now focused on his forthcoming Sound City documentary and album.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 7 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 26 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 9 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally