Basketball great Bill Walton has a book deal
NEW YORK (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Basketball great Bill Walton is ready to recap his amazing career and even more amazing recovery.
Simon & Schuster announced Wednesday that Walton, 59, is working on a memoir that will come out in the fall of 2013. The book is tentatively called "Back From the Dead." It will cover everything from Walton's triumphs with UCLA to his overcoming a stutter and becoming a broadcaster to the collapsed spine that left him hardly able to move for three years. The book will be co-authored by veteran sportswriter John Papanek.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Walton was represented by Washington attorney Robert Barnett, whose clients range from President Barack Obama to singer/actress Barbra Streisand.
nba, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose