Facebook tops 1 billion users
NEW YORK (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook has topped 1 billion users, but the past few months have not been easy.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that the company is going through a bit of a rough patch following its rocky initial public offering.
Zuckerberg updated his Facebook status on Thursday to announce that the social networking site has more than 1 billion active users each month.
The company has had a difficult time lately. There were trading glitches the day it went public in May and concerns since then about its revenue potential. It's also facing lawsuits from disgruntled shareholders.
Zuckerberg said in a "Today" show interview Thursday that "we're in a tough cycle now and that doesn't help morale, but people are focused on what they're building."
facebook, mark zuckerberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 17 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 18 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 53 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 40 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
6 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
53 min ago