Kid Rock helps VP hopeful Ryan, risks irking fans
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP) - October 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kid Rock hasn't been shy about supporting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan, even if it costs him some fans.
The made-in-Michigan rock musician introduced Ryan during a rally Monday night in the Detroit suburb of Rochester.
The rapper, born Robert Ritchie, told the raucous crowd gathered at Oakland University that he believes "you have to stand for something" even if it may alienate a few fans.
Rock added that it was OK to disagree, particularly in a music business that he says "leans very left."
He quieted the crowd a bit when he shared his pride over the election of Barack Obama as the first black president. But he quickly added he was sorry Obama "didn't do a better job."
kid rock, mitt romney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 35 min ago
- Turning Milder 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 14 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
35 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
14 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
32 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
20 min ago