'Bad News Bears' actress killed in crash
LOS ANGELES - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sammi Kane Kraft, whose baseball skills earned her the role of a youth league pitcher in the 2005 remake of "The Bad News Bears," has died in a Los Angeles car crash. She was 20.
The Los Angeles Times says Kraft was a passenger in an Audi that rear-ended a big rig and was struck by another car at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 10.
Her brother, Frankie Kane, tells the Times that Kane was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The California Highway Patrol says the Audi's driver was treated for moderate injuries and arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
Kraft was 13 when she was discovered on an LA baseball diamond and cast in her only film. She played the role originated by Tatum O'Neal in 1976.
Information from: Los Angeles Times
california, los angeles, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 14 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 33 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 1 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 56 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.