'Bad News Bears' actress killed in crash
LOS ANGELES - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sammi Kane Kraft, whose baseball skills earned her the role of a youth league pitcher in the 2005 remake of "The Bad News Bears," has died in a Los Angeles car crash. She was 20.
The Los Angeles Times says Kraft was a passenger in an Audi that rear-ended a big rig and was struck by another car at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 10.
Her brother, Frankie Kane, tells the Times that Kane was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The California Highway Patrol says the Audi's driver was treated for moderate injuries and arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
Kraft was 13 when she was discovered on an LA baseball diamond and cast in her only film. She played the role originated by Tatum O'Neal in 1976.
Information from: Los Angeles Times
california, los angeles, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 31 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos