Debbie Reynolds hospitalized, cancels shows
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A publicist says Debbie Reynolds has been hospitalized and is canceling upcoming appearances after suffering an adverse reaction to medication.
Reynolds' publicist Kevin Sasaki says the singer-actress was hospitalized in Los Angeles after having the bad reaction. She is canceling shows and appearances through the end of the year.
Reynolds is famous for her role in "Singin' in the Rain" and earned an Oscar nomination for her gutsy character in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."
The 80-year-old performs numerous shows and makes appearances each year. She is scheduled to appear on a float promoting pet adoption in the upcoming Rose Parade.
Last year, Reynolds sold her collection of film memorabilia, including dresses worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, for nearly $23 million.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos