No charges against Octomom on neglect allegations
LOS ANGELES - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors won't file charges against Octomom Nadya Suleman after a caregiver last month reported allegations of child neglect at her home, an official at the district attorney's office said Friday.
There's not enough evidence to move forward with the case submitted by the La Habra police department, said Susan Kang Schroeder, chief of staff at the Orange County district attorney's office.
Earlier Friday, police in La Habra said they had investigated the allegations of child neglect at Suleman's home and turned their findings over to prosecutors and social services. Police declined to provide details of the allegations.
Suleman has been in the media spotlight since giving birth to octuplets in 2009 after she already had six children. Her manager says she lived in La Habra until two weeks ago, when she moved to the Los Angeles County city of Palmdale.
Suleman's manager, Gina Rodriguez, said the allegations are not true and come from a woman who became obsessed with the children. Suleman moved from La Habra in part to avoid the woman, Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said the woman befriended Suleman shortly after the babies were born and eventually began stalking Suleman and sending her threatening text messages, demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez said in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 56 min ago
- Milder Monday 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 56 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 23 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 28 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 56 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
56 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
23 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
34 min ago
- Milder Monday
26 min ago