Bieber publicist: Stolen laptop tweet not a hoax
SEATTLE (AP) - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Was pop star Justin Bieber's laptop actually stolen during a show in Washington state?
Bieber tweeted to his nearly 29 million followers he was victimized during the show Tuesday night at the Tacoma Dome. But questions were raised Friday about the authenticity of Bieber's claim.
Another Twitter alluded to having the laptop. The account linked to Bieber's new music video, which starts with text saying personal footage was stolen and uploaded "illegally."
That prompted suspicions the supposed theft was a hoax meant to hype the new music video, which was released Friday.
But Bieber's publicist Melissa Victor says it's not a hoax and the laptop was indeed stolen.
Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum says a report was filed, but he doesn't foresee spending much time investigating.
theft, justin bieber, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos