Bieber publicist: Stolen laptop tweet not a hoax
SEATTLE (AP) - October 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Was pop star Justin Bieber's laptop actually stolen during a show in Washington state?
Bieber tweeted to his nearly 29 million followers he was victimized during the show Tuesday night at the Tacoma Dome. But questions were raised Friday about the authenticity of Bieber's claim.
Another Twitter alluded to having the laptop. The account linked to Bieber's new music video, which starts with text saying personal footage was stolen and uploaded "illegally."
That prompted suspicions the supposed theft was a hoax meant to hype the new music video, which was released Friday.
But Bieber's publicist Melissa Victor says it's not a hoax and the laptop was indeed stolen.
Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum says a report was filed, but he doesn't foresee spending much time investigating.
theft, justin bieber, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 54 min ago
- Shower In Spots 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
54 min ago
- Shower In Spots
46 min ago