Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
NEW YORK - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem's ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two."
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
Information from: New York Post
new york, new york city, assault, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees