Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
NEW YORK - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem's ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two."
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
Information from: New York Post
new york, new york city, assault, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 1 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 31 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 10 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos