Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
NEW YORK - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem's ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two."
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
Information from: New York Post
new york, new york city, assault, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 23 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia