Actor, TV host Gary Collins dies at 74 in Miss.
BILOXI, Miss. (AP) - October 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gary Collins, an actor, television show host and former master of ceremonies for the Miss America Pageant, has died. He was 74.
Collins, a resident of Biloxi, Miss., died of natural causes just before 1 a.m. Saturday after he was brought to Biloxi Regional Medical Center, according to Harrison County Coroner Gary Hargrove.
During the 1980s, Collins hosted the Miss America pageant and TV's "Hour Magazine."
As an actor he appeared in numerous movies and TV shows dating back to the 1960s. He was a cast member of the series "The Wackiest Ship in the Army" in the 1960s, and the star of the series "The Sixth Sense" in the 1970s.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 17 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 39 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
31 min ago