Teen to stand trial in theft of chef's Lamborghini
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) - October 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A California teen accused of stealing a celebrity chef's Lamborghini and later shooting at a couple will have to stand trial on a number of charges, including attempted murder.
A judge ruled Monday that there is enough evidence against 18-year-old Max Wade to try him on charges including attempted murder and auto theft.
Wade is accused of stealing chef Guy Fieri's $220,000 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder from a San Francisco dealership, where it had been brought for repairs, in March 2011.Authorities say Wade later opened fire on an 18-year-old woman and her boyfriend in Mill Valley because the woman had rejected him.
Prosecutors are expected to file additional charges over allegations that Wade pulled out a gun when deputies tried to arrest him in April.
Wade has pleaded not guilty.
california, theft, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting 10 min ago
- Tracking Scattered Storms
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department 17 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list 38 min ago
- Photos: Ducklings saved from Del. storm drain