Flavor Flav jailed in Las Vegas on felony charges
LAS VEGAS (AP) - October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Las Vegas say entertainer Flavor Flav is jailed on felony charges stemming from a domestic argument with his fiancee and threats to attack her teenage son with a knife.
Officer Bill Cassell says no one was injured before the arrest around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at a home in a residential neighborhood several miles southwest of the Las Vegas Strip.
The 53-year-old former rapper and reality television star, whose legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr., was being held on $23,000 bail at the Clark County jail, with an initial court appearance scheduled Thursday. It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Drayton was part of the 1980s and 90s rap group Public Enemy whose public persona includes wearing a big clock on his chest.
las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 44 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 43 min ago