The Buzz: The Brown Betty Cookbook
October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Details about how you can get the cookbook signed... and pick up some free coffee!
[BROWN BETTY 5P-PKG AVI] [Notes:she is referring to the woman at 7:42] [L3 -- /Norrinda Brown Hayat/ BROWN BETTY DESSERT BOUTIQUE]
She was an original domestic goddess. She worked, she did church, social clubs cooked every night, and she baked.
These are the recipes born in Grandma Betty's West Philadelphia kitchen: The Apple Brown Betty; The Sweet Potato Pot; The Sour Cream Pound Cake is one of the signatures.
Today Betty's daughter Linda and her daughter Norrinda are sharing those scented memories, the sweet moments savored in their family with yours through two colorful confectionary boutiques in Center City and Northern Liberties... and now in a brand new cookbook
A now booming small business born from Linda's homemade, handcrafted goodies ("Instead of giving store bought gifts, I would bake," says Linda Hinton Brown), their dessert boutiques and the book celebrate the entire family's ladies in baking.
Like Aunt Eva and her pineapple pound cake and dear Ruth's famous chocolate sour cream cake.
Debut Party - 10/17
Brown Betty Dessert Boutique
722 North 2nd Street
Books can be purchased and will be signed. Even grandma Betty will be there! So will Rival Bros. coffee truck. If you buy a book, your coffee is free!
6at4, hollywood, food, philadelphia, entertainment
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police