The Buzz: The Brown Betty Cookbook
October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Details about how you can get the cookbook signed... and pick up some free coffee!
[BROWN BETTY 5P-PKG AVI] [Notes:she is referring to the woman at 7:42] [L3 -- /Norrinda Brown Hayat/ BROWN BETTY DESSERT BOUTIQUE]
She was an original domestic goddess. She worked, she did church, social clubs cooked every night, and she baked.
These are the recipes born in Grandma Betty's West Philadelphia kitchen: The Apple Brown Betty; The Sweet Potato Pot; The Sour Cream Pound Cake is one of the signatures.
Today Betty's daughter Linda and her daughter Norrinda are sharing those scented memories, the sweet moments savored in their family with yours through two colorful confectionary boutiques in Center City and Northern Liberties... and now in a brand new cookbook
A now booming small business born from Linda's homemade, handcrafted goodies ("Instead of giving store bought gifts, I would bake," says Linda Hinton Brown), their dessert boutiques and the book celebrate the entire family's ladies in baking.
Like Aunt Eva and her pineapple pound cake and dear Ruth's famous chocolate sour cream cake.
Debut Party - 10/17
Brown Betty Dessert Boutique
722 North 2nd Street
Books can be purchased and will be signed. Even grandma Betty will be there! So will Rival Bros. coffee truck. If you buy a book, your coffee is free!
6at4, hollywood, food, philadelphia, entertainment
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 35 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
35 min ago