The Buzz: The Brown Betty Cookbook
October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Details about how you can get the cookbook signed... and pick up some free coffee!
[BROWN BETTY 5P-PKG AVI] [Notes:she is referring to the woman at 7:42] [L3 -- /Norrinda Brown Hayat/ BROWN BETTY DESSERT BOUTIQUE]
She was an original domestic goddess. She worked, she did church, social clubs cooked every night, and she baked.
These are the recipes born in Grandma Betty's West Philadelphia kitchen: The Apple Brown Betty; The Sweet Potato Pot; The Sour Cream Pound Cake is one of the signatures.
Today Betty's daughter Linda and her daughter Norrinda are sharing those scented memories, the sweet moments savored in their family with yours through two colorful confectionary boutiques in Center City and Northern Liberties... and now in a brand new cookbook
A now booming small business born from Linda's homemade, handcrafted goodies ("Instead of giving store bought gifts, I would bake," says Linda Hinton Brown), their dessert boutiques and the book celebrate the entire family's ladies in baking.
Like Aunt Eva and her pineapple pound cake and dear Ruth's famous chocolate sour cream cake.
Debut Party - 10/17
Brown Betty Dessert Boutique
722 North 2nd Street
Books can be purchased and will be signed. Even grandma Betty will be there! So will Rival Bros. coffee truck. If you buy a book, your coffee is free!
6at4, hollywood, food, philadelphia, entertainment
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 2 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests