DreamWorks chairman resigns, replaced by director
GLENDALE, Calif. (AP) - October 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- DreamWorks Animation SKG says Chairman Roger Enrico has resigned, effective immediately.
The movie studio is replacing Enrico, a former CEO of PepsiCo Inc. who had served as chairman since DreamWorks went public in 2004, with board member Mellody Hobson.
Dreamworks did not give a reason for Enrico's resignation in its release Thursday.
The company makes a few big-budget animated movies every year, including "Kung Fu Panda" and "Madagascar," along with some TV specials. It signed a five-year distribution deal with News Corp.'s 20th Century Fox in August.
Shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. are up 8 cents to $20.59 in afternoon trading.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 3 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 34 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
30 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
34 min ago