An excited Drake: 'I got my high school diploma'
NEW YORK (AP) -October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A day after earning his high school diploma, an excited Drake performed hit songs for a few hundred people at an event for Tyra Banks.
The 25-year-old told the crowd Thursday night that he took a small break from music and "spent some time going back to high school."
"I got my high school diploma," he said with excitement as the crowd roared.
Drake also posted on Twitter late Wednesday that he earned a 97 percent on his final exam and an 88 percent in his last class through work with a private tutor. The Canadian dropped out of high school, ironically, to star in the high school TV series "Degrassi: The Next Generation." He played the role of Jimmy Brooks.
The Grammy-nominated musician performed hits like "Best I Ever Had," ''Find Your Love" and "The Motto" at Banks' first annual Flawsome Ball for The Tyra Banks TZONE at the Lower Eastside Girls Club, her organization aimed at developing confidence in girls. He dedicated his song, "Make Me Proud," to the supermodel.
Rosario Dawson, Clay Aiken and Estelle also attended the gala event in New York at Capitale.
drake, school, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 13 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 14 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 49 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 58 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 36 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
2 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
49 min ago