Testimony begins in Britney Spears defamation case
LOS ANGELES (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is set to begin in a defamation suit by Britney Spears' ex-manager against her parents.
Lawyers for Sam Lutfi declined to say whether he would be the first witness at Monday's trial in Los Angeles.
But one thing certain was that Spears will not testify. She remains under a court-ordered conservatorship and a judge told her not to participate.
Her father, Jamie, who is her conservator, has been in court with his wife, Lynne, whose book on her daughter's darkest days led to the defamation suit by Lutfi.
He was portrayed by lawyers for the family as a destructive force in Britney's life. His lawyers maintain he was just trying to help Britney and manage her career.
Lutfi is seeking millions of dollars from Spears and her family.
britney spears, trial, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 48 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
48 min ago