Testimony begins in Britney Spears defamation case
LOS ANGELES (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is set to begin in a defamation suit by Britney Spears' ex-manager against her parents.
Lawyers for Sam Lutfi declined to say whether he would be the first witness at Monday's trial in Los Angeles.
But one thing certain was that Spears will not testify. She remains under a court-ordered conservatorship and a judge told her not to participate.
Her father, Jamie, who is her conservator, has been in court with his wife, Lynne, whose book on her daughter's darkest days led to the defamation suit by Lutfi.
He was portrayed by lawyers for the family as a destructive force in Britney's life. His lawyers maintain he was just trying to help Britney and manage her career.
Lutfi is seeking millions of dollars from Spears and her family.
britney spears, trial, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 6 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 52 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ