Testimony begins in Britney Spears defamation case
LOS ANGELES (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is set to begin in a defamation suit by Britney Spears' ex-manager against her parents.
Lawyers for Sam Lutfi declined to say whether he would be the first witness at Monday's trial in Los Angeles.
But one thing certain was that Spears will not testify. She remains under a court-ordered conservatorship and a judge told her not to participate.
Her father, Jamie, who is her conservator, has been in court with his wife, Lynne, whose book on her daughter's darkest days led to the defamation suit by Lutfi.
He was portrayed by lawyers for the family as a destructive force in Britney's life. His lawyers maintain he was just trying to help Britney and manage her career.
Lutfi is seeking millions of dollars from Spears and her family.
britney spears, trial, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 29 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 48 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 52 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
4 min ago