Testimony begins in Britney Spears defamation case
LOS ANGELES (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is set to begin in a defamation suit by Britney Spears' ex-manager against her parents.
Lawyers for Sam Lutfi declined to say whether he would be the first witness at Monday's trial in Los Angeles.
But one thing certain was that Spears will not testify. She remains under a court-ordered conservatorship and a judge told her not to participate.
Her father, Jamie, who is her conservator, has been in court with his wife, Lynne, whose book on her daughter's darkest days led to the defamation suit by Lutfi.
He was portrayed by lawyers for the family as a destructive force in Britney's life. His lawyers maintain he was just trying to help Britney and manage her career.
Lutfi is seeking millions of dollars from Spears and her family.
britney spears, trial, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 50 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 21 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list