Christian sister trio Barlowgirl calling it quits
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Christian sister trio Barlowgirl is retiring after nearly a decade of chart-topping success.
Alyssa, Lauren and Rebecca Barlow are releasing their final song, "Hope Will Lead Us On," on Oct. 30. They will hold an online chat with fans Oct. 29 on Ustream, where they will take questions and perform acoustically.
No reason was given for the decision to retire. A spokesman says, simply, "They're ready for a new season."
In a statement, the sisters call their music career "one of the most incredible adventures." They thanked fans for sharing their dream.
Barlowgirl has sold over a million copies of their self-titled debut album released in 2004. They earned four No. 1 hits, including 2005's "I Need You To Love Me" which spent a record 13 weeks at the top.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man