Christian sister trio Barlowgirl calling it quits
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Christian sister trio Barlowgirl is retiring after nearly a decade of chart-topping success.
Alyssa, Lauren and Rebecca Barlow are releasing their final song, "Hope Will Lead Us On," on Oct. 30. They will hold an online chat with fans Oct. 29 on Ustream, where they will take questions and perform acoustically.
No reason was given for the decision to retire. A spokesman says, simply, "They're ready for a new season."
In a statement, the sisters call their music career "one of the most incredible adventures." They thanked fans for sharing their dream.
Barlowgirl has sold over a million copies of their self-titled debut album released in 2004. They earned four No. 1 hits, including 2005's "I Need You To Love Me" which spent a record 13 weeks at the top.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 5 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 12 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
36 min ago