Casey Anthony asks for venue change in civil trial
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are asking for a venue change in her coming defamation trial.
Her attorneys filed paperwork this week seeking to have the trial moved out of Orange County. Reports say that attorneys argued that Anthony can never get an impartial jury due to pretrial publicity.
Anthony was acquitted last year of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her attorneys argue "the local media refuses to move on" and that the public feels as though "justice was not served" in the criminal case.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. Gonzalez later sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
The lawsuit is set for trial in January.
casey anthony, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 14 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 12 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 18 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 20 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 16 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
20 min ago