Casey Anthony asks for venue change in civil trial
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are asking for a venue change in her coming defamation trial.
Her attorneys filed paperwork this week seeking to have the trial moved out of Orange County. Reports say that attorneys argued that Anthony can never get an impartial jury due to pretrial publicity.
Anthony was acquitted last year of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her attorneys argue "the local media refuses to move on" and that the public feels as though "justice was not served" in the criminal case.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. Gonzalez later sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
The lawsuit is set for trial in January.
casey anthony, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 8 min ago
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze 19 min ago
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly 35 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
8 min ago