Casey Anthony asks for venue change in civil trial
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony are asking for a venue change in her coming defamation trial.
Her attorneys filed paperwork this week seeking to have the trial moved out of Orange County. Reports say that attorneys argued that Anthony can never get an impartial jury due to pretrial publicity.
Anthony was acquitted last year of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. Her attorneys argue "the local media refuses to move on" and that the public feels as though "justice was not served" in the criminal case.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. Gonzalez later sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
The lawsuit is set for trial in January.
casey anthony, florida, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more