Police: Natina Reed of Blaque fame dead at 32
ATLANTA (AP) - October 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say R&B singer Natina Reed, known as a member of the female group Blaque, was killed after being struck by a car in metro Atlanta.
The Gwinnett County Police Department said in a news release Sunday that the 32-year-old Reed was hit late Friday while in the roadway at an intersection on U.S. 29 near Lilburn.
Police say the driver called 911 for help, and someone tried to revive Reed on the scene. She was later pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center.
It's unclear why Reed was in the road. Police say the driver wasn't at fault and won't be charged.
Blaque's hits included "808" and "Bring It All to Me" in the late '90s. Reed was also in the movie "Bring It On," released in 2000.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 55 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 17 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 35 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 51 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
55 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
17 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
35 min ago