Police: Natina Reed of Blaque fame dead at 32
ATLANTA (AP) - October 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say R&B singer Natina Reed, known as a member of the female group Blaque, was killed after being struck by a car in metro Atlanta.
The Gwinnett County Police Department said in a news release Sunday that the 32-year-old Reed was hit late Friday while in the roadway at an intersection on U.S. 29 near Lilburn.
Police say the driver called 911 for help, and someone tried to revive Reed on the scene. She was later pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center.
It's unclear why Reed was in the road. Police say the driver wasn't at fault and won't be charged.
Blaque's hits included "808" and "Bring It All to Me" in the late '90s. Reed was also in the movie "Bring It On," released in 2000.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 28 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 1 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 14 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 12 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 9 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
9 min ago