Prowler at Cruise's home turns out to be neighbor
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - October 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a security guard at actor Tom Cruise's house used a stun gun on a would-be prowler, but the man turned out to be an intoxicated neighbor who may have mistakenly entered the property.
Lt. Lincoln Hoshino says the confrontation occurred at Cruise's Beverly Hills residence about 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday when the actor and his family weren't home.
The guard saw a man "climbing a fence to gain access to the property" and he used the stun gun to detain him for police.
The officer tells City News Service that the man was identified as a 41-year-old neighbor who lives in an adjacent property, and was intoxicated at the time.
The man was taken into custody for trespassing and treated at a hospital for any problems stemming from the stun gun.
tom cruise, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos