Prowler at Cruise's home turns out to be neighbor
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - October 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a security guard at actor Tom Cruise's house used a stun gun on a would-be prowler, but the man turned out to be an intoxicated neighbor who may have mistakenly entered the property.
Lt. Lincoln Hoshino says the confrontation occurred at Cruise's Beverly Hills residence about 9:30 p.m. PDT Sunday when the actor and his family weren't home.
The guard saw a man "climbing a fence to gain access to the property" and he used the stun gun to detain him for police.
The officer tells City News Service that the man was identified as a 41-year-old neighbor who lives in an adjacent property, and was intoxicated at the time.
The man was taken into custody for trespassing and treated at a hospital for any problems stemming from the stun gun.
tom cruise, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 55 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 37 min ago