McGraw sets Feb. release for 1st post-Curb album
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tim McGraw has announced a Feb. 5 release date for his first album since leaving Curb Records.
"Two Lanes of Freedom" is McGraw's first release since a judge granted him the right to record for Big Machine Records. The Louisiana native had been under contract with Curb for nearly two decades.
The singer announced his partnership with Big Machine's Scott Borchetta last May, and an appeals court recently affirmed his right to record and release new material with the label.
McGraw will perform the new single "One of Those Nights" during the Country Music Association Awards, airing live Thursday night on ABC.
The partnership between Curb and McGraw was one of the most successful in country music history, leading to 40 million in albums sales, 32 No. 1 singles and three Grammys.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos