McGraw sets Feb. release for 1st post-Curb album
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tim McGraw has announced a Feb. 5 release date for his first album since leaving Curb Records.
"Two Lanes of Freedom" is McGraw's first release since a judge granted him the right to record for Big Machine Records. The Louisiana native had been under contract with Curb for nearly two decades.
The singer announced his partnership with Big Machine's Scott Borchetta last May, and an appeals court recently affirmed his right to record and release new material with the label.
McGraw will perform the new single "One of Those Nights" during the Country Music Association Awards, airing live Thursday night on ABC.
The partnership between Curb and McGraw was one of the most successful in country music history, leading to 40 million in albums sales, 32 No. 1 singles and three Grammys.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 47 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep