Octomom checks into rehab citing anxiety, stress
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Octomom Nadya Suleman has checked herself into a rehabilitation center, citing anxiety, exhaustion and stress.
A statement from Suleman's spokeswoman Gina Rodriguez on Tuesday says the mother of 14 had been taking the medication Xanax under a doctor's care to deal with her problems. But Suleman felt she needed a treatment program to help with her recovery.
Suleman will be in treatment for at least 28 days.
In the meantime, three nannies and two of Suleman's friends will care for her octuplets, who will be 4 years old in January, and her six older children. Rodriguez says a driver will take the kids to and from school, and their Palmdale home has around-the-clock security.
Rodriguez says the rehab center offered to treat Suleman at no charge, but Suleman has opted to pay.
nadya suleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ