Octomom checks into rehab citing anxiety, stress
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Octomom Nadya Suleman has checked herself into a rehabilitation center, citing anxiety, exhaustion and stress.
A statement from Suleman's spokeswoman Gina Rodriguez on Tuesday says the mother of 14 had been taking the medication Xanax under a doctor's care to deal with her problems. But Suleman felt she needed a treatment program to help with her recovery.
Suleman will be in treatment for at least 28 days.
In the meantime, three nannies and two of Suleman's friends will care for her octuplets, who will be 4 years old in January, and her six older children. Rodriguez says a driver will take the kids to and from school, and their Palmdale home has around-the-clock security.
Rodriguez says the rehab center offered to treat Suleman at no charge, but Suleman has opted to pay.
nadya suleman, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 31 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 59 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 20 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 27 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
59 min ago