Winehouse wedding dress stolen from singer's home
LONDON (AP) -November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's charity says two of the late singer's dresses - including her wedding dress - are missing and believed stolen from her former London home.
The Amy Winehouse Foundation said Thursday the dress Winehouse wore for her 2006 Miami wedding to Blake Fielder-Civil and a newsprint cocktail dress she wore during a British TV appearance are both missing. The presumed theft was discovered during an inventory.
The wedding dress was to have been auctioned off for the charity, established to help young people overcome addiction.
The singer's father, Mitch Winehouse, told the Evening Standard it was "sickening that someone would steal something in the knowledge of its sentimental value."
Winehouse, the Grammy-winning "Back to Black" singer, died from alcohol poisoning on July 23, 2011, at the age of 27.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 2 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 56 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 46 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands