Winehouse wedding dress stolen from singer's home
LONDON (AP) -November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Amy Winehouse's charity says two of the late singer's dresses - including her wedding dress - are missing and believed stolen from her former London home.
The Amy Winehouse Foundation said Thursday the dress Winehouse wore for her 2006 Miami wedding to Blake Fielder-Civil and a newsprint cocktail dress she wore during a British TV appearance are both missing. The presumed theft was discovered during an inventory.
The wedding dress was to have been auctioned off for the charity, established to help young people overcome addiction.
The singer's father, Mitch Winehouse, told the Evening Standard it was "sickening that someone would steal something in the knowledge of its sentimental value."
Winehouse, the Grammy-winning "Back to Black" singer, died from alcohol poisoning on July 23, 2011, at the age of 27.
amy winehouse, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 38 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 41 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball