Chris Brown to stay on supervised probation
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A judge on Thursday ordered Chris Brown to remain on supervised probation and make another court appearance after he completes an overseas tour.
Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg did not address questions raised at a previous hearing about whether the R&B singer had completed the terms of his community labor sentence.
A prosecutor said a report filed for Thursday's hearing did not add additional details about Brown's service as previously requested by the court. Brown is scheduled to return to court Jan. 17.
Brown remains on supervised probation for felony assault for an attack on Rihanna in 2009.
In September, officials in Brown's home state of Virginia reported that the singer completed six months of community labor, but the judge called those records "somewhat cryptic" at the time.
Brown is scheduled to begin a tour that spans several countries in Europe and South Africa on Nov. 14.
Brown appeared at the hearing along with his mother and attorney Mark Geragos. He did not speak during the proceedings, and when he attempted to at one point during discussions of his schedule, Geragos joked, "I don't dance, you don't talk."
chris brown, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 31 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 31 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 38 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 6 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 13 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos