Sharon Osbourne has double mastectomy
LONDON (AP) -November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sharon Osbourne says she had a double mastectomy after learning she carries a gene that increases the risk of developing breast cancer.
Osbourne told Hello! magazine that "I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me."
The 60-year-old "America's Got Talent" judge, who had colon cancer a decade ago, said that without the surgery, "the odds are not in my favor."
She added: "It's not 'pity me,' it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
The magazine went on sale Monday.
Osbourne, husband Ozzy and children Jack and Kelly became rock's most famous clan thanks to reality show "The Osbournes" a decade ago.
Jack Osbourne, 26, was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
cancer, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 27 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 35 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 38 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
31 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
28 min ago