Sharon Osbourne has double mastectomy
LONDON (AP) -November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sharon Osbourne says she had a double mastectomy after learning she carries a gene that increases the risk of developing breast cancer.
Osbourne told Hello! magazine that "I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me."
The 60-year-old "America's Got Talent" judge, who had colon cancer a decade ago, said that without the surgery, "the odds are not in my favor."
She added: "It's not 'pity me,' it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
The magazine went on sale Monday.
Osbourne, husband Ozzy and children Jack and Kelly became rock's most famous clan thanks to reality show "The Osbournes" a decade ago.
Jack Osbourne, 26, was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
cancer, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 31 min ago
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar