MTV to air fundraiser for devastated Jersey shore
NEW YORK (AP) - November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- MTV, home of the "Jersey Shore" reality show, plans to air a fundraising special to help rebuild New Jersey's devastated shoreline.
The one-hour program will air Nov. 15 from MTV's Times Square studio in New York City. It will feature the cast of "Jersey Shore" along with other guests.
The network said Monday the program will solicit contributions for the rebuilding of Seaside Heights, the heart of the Jersey shore and the principal setting for the "Jersey Shore" series.
For this effort, MTV will be partnering with Architecture for Humanity, a non-profit organization that provides design and construction services to communities in need.
Seaside Heights was among numerous coastal areas devastated by Sandy last week.
mtv, hurricane sandy, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 9 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 10 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 11 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 17 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
11 min ago