Shaun White settles drunkenness, vandalism charges
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two-time Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White has reached a deal to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges in Nashville.
Susan Niland, the Nashville district attorney's spokeswoman, said White appeared in court Wednesday, a day earlier than scheduled, after he and prosecutors agreed he would seek alcohol treatment, perform 24 hours of community service and pay restitution.
However, there's an apparent discrepancy over the terms of the deal. Niland said prosecutors are concerned the court record doesn't list alcohol treatment. White's record would be cleared if he fulfills the conditions.
White's lawyer didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Police said White pulled a fire alarm in a Nashville hotel at about 2 a.m. on Sept. 16, forcing all guests to evacuate, tried to flee the scene and injured while trying to fight another guest.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 3 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 11 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
2 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
3 min ago