Shaun White settles drunkenness, vandalism charges
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two-time Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White has reached a deal to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges in Nashville.
Susan Niland, the Nashville district attorney's spokeswoman, said White appeared in court Wednesday, a day earlier than scheduled, after he and prosecutors agreed he would seek alcohol treatment, perform 24 hours of community service and pay restitution.
However, there's an apparent discrepancy over the terms of the deal. Niland said prosecutors are concerned the court record doesn't list alcohol treatment. White's record would be cleared if he fulfills the conditions.
White's lawyer didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Police said White pulled a fire alarm in a Nashville hotel at about 2 a.m. on Sept. 16, forcing all guests to evacuate, tried to flee the scene and injured while trying to fight another guest.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 4 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
55 min ago