1 dead, 19 hurt near SAfrica Linkin Park concert
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A spokeswoman for the South African city of Cape Town says one person died after a scaffolding collapsed in high winds outside a Linkin Park concert, injuring 19 other people.
Kylie Hatton said Thursday a woman died after being taken to the hospital. She said 19 people were injured, with 12 hospitalized, after the temporary advertising structure collapsed outside the Cape Town Stadium. She said police are investigating.
The American rock band said in a statement: "We wish to express our deep sadness and concern for those injured and our heartfelt condolences to the family of the fan who died as a result of her injuries." The band said they had no relationship with the sponsor or entity responsible for the structure.
The band will perform in Johannesburg Nov. 10.
accident, south africa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 43 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos