1 dead, 19 hurt near SAfrica Linkin Park concert
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A spokeswoman for the South African city of Cape Town says one person died after a scaffolding collapsed in high winds outside a Linkin Park concert, injuring 19 other people.
Kylie Hatton said Thursday a woman died after being taken to the hospital. She said 19 people were injured, with 12 hospitalized, after the temporary advertising structure collapsed outside the Cape Town Stadium. She said police are investigating.
The American rock band said in a statement: "We wish to express our deep sadness and concern for those injured and our heartfelt condolences to the family of the fan who died as a result of her injuries." The band said they had no relationship with the sponsor or entity responsible for the structure.
The band will perform in Johannesburg Nov. 10.
accident, south africa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle County 3 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed