Ashley Judd doesn't rule out run for US Senate
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - November 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Ashley Judd isn't ruling out a run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.
The former Kentuckian is active supporter of Tennessee Democrats. She said in a statement Friday that she's honored to be mentioned as a potential candidate, but she sidestepped the question of whether she would get into the race.
Judd lives in Tennessee and would have to re-establish a residence in Kentucky before she could challenge Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in his 2014 re-election bid.
No Democrats have stepped forward to challenge McConnell, a political powerhouse who already has $6.8 million in the bank for his re-election.
His campaign manager, Jesse Benton, said McConnell and his wife are big fans of Judd's movies and that they appreciate her efforts to bring young people into the political process.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 14 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 7 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act