Swift, Bieber prevail at 2012 MTV EMA
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift beat Rihanna in the battle of the women at the 2012 MTV EMA, taking three out of a possible five awards.
Rihanna and Swift topped the nominations with six and five nods respectively, but 22-year-old American singer-songwriter Swift walked away with Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
Barbados-born R&B singer Rihanna went empty handed, while Canadian pop star Justin Bieber matched Swift for the boys and earned Best World Stage, along with repeat wins for Best Pop and Best Male.
South Korean pop sensation Psy's "Gangnam Style" won the award for Best Video and the late Whitney Houston was named Global Icon for her impact on pop music.
The 19th-annual MTV EMA was broadcast live from Frankfurt's historic Festhalle Sunday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands