Swift, Bieber prevail at 2012 MTV EMA
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift beat Rihanna in the battle of the women at the 2012 MTV EMA, taking three out of a possible five awards.
Rihanna and Swift topped the nominations with six and five nods respectively, but 22-year-old American singer-songwriter Swift walked away with Best Female, Best Live and Best Look.
Barbados-born R&B singer Rihanna went empty handed, while Canadian pop star Justin Bieber matched Swift for the boys and earned Best World Stage, along with repeat wins for Best Pop and Best Male.
South Korean pop sensation Psy's "Gangnam Style" won the award for Best Video and the late Whitney Houston was named Global Icon for her impact on pop music.
The 19th-annual MTV EMA was broadcast live from Frankfurt's historic Festhalle Sunday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad