Jason Biggs defends tweeting ways
NEW YORK (AP) - November 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jason Biggs is brushing off criticism he received during the recent election season for vulgar tweets that referenced the wives of both Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate in the presidential race, Paul Ryan.
The "American Pie" star took heat for off-color comments posted to his Twitter feed at the time of the Republican National Convention in August. The outpouring of criticism from parents groups, pundits and others led Nickelodeon to issue an apology for the actor's comments on the social media website. Biggs is providing one of the voices in the cable TV station's new animated series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."
"I made a political tweet, so I got a little bit of heat from the right," he said.
With elections over, Biggs says he's moving on.
He appeared Monday night in New York at the annual 24 Hour Plays event, which was sponsored by luxury pen-maker Montblanc to benefit the Urban Arts Partnership. The benefit draws more than two dozen actors who write, rehearse, and perform one of six plays that they began working on the night before.
Biggs' tweets have also poked fun at the Kardashians, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan and the ABC show "The Bachelorette."
"I'm more afraid of the Kardashians, than I am of the Republicans," he said.
He said he sees Twitter as an extension of the darker side of his humor.
As a three-time performer in 24 Hour Plays benefit, Biggs says he's grown to feel more comfortable with the process.
"It's a little easier. But it's still nerve-racking, man."
election, twitter, republicans, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 56 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 35 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 39 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad