Maurice Hines to direct NY Apollo 'nightclub' show
NEW YORK (AP) -November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- New York City's storied Apollo Theater will be temporarily transformed into a glamorous, old-school nightclub in February. It's part of a production directed, choreographed and hosted by Maurice Hines.
Grammy-winning jazz singer Dee Dee Bridgewater will be among the performers.
The orchestra level will become a club-style setting, offering table service, drinks, dancing and interaction with the performers.
To accomplish the task, the historic theater's main-floor seats will be removed, and the stage will be extended.
Hines' history with the Apollo began when he was 7 and his brother, Gregory, was 5 years old.
"Apollo Club Harlem" will have three performances. Tickets go on sale Monday.
music, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 8 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 34 min ago
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 22 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware 24 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 24 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 41 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 40 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
22 min ago
- Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
24 min ago
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
40 min ago