Taylor Swift to perform in Philly this summer
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift announced that she will perform at Lincoln Financial Field on July 20th as part of her 2013 North American stadium and arena tour in support of her blockbuster new album, RED.
Special guests for this show include Ed Sheeran and Austin Mahone.
Tickets will go on sale Friday, November 30 at 10:00 a.m. and can be purchased by visiting ticketmaster or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Swift also performed in front of a sold-out crowd at the home of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011, one of 10 concerts hosted at Lincoln Financial Field since its inception in 2003, including: Bruce Springsteen (three shows in 2003), Kenny Chesney (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012) and U2 (2011).
Chesney and Swift are now both scheduled for shows in the summer of 2013.
On The RED Tour, Taylor is currently slated to headline 62 shows in 45 cities in 29 states and 3 provinces in 2013.
Acclaimed singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran, whose duet with Taylor from her RED album, "Everything Has Changed," has already reached the #1 position atop iTunes all-genre Top Songs chart, will be a special guest on all of the shows on the tour.
Taylor's RED Tour is set to be one of the most-anticipated musical events of 2013. During the course of every show, Taylor plays a variety of instruments and performs her biggest hits and fan favorites from her four Big Machine Records albums.
She is a six-time Grammy winner, and is the youngest winner in history of the music industry's highest honor, the Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
Taylor's fourth studio album, RED, is already garnering widespread critical acclaim and setting new sales records.
"I didn't think I could be any more excited about my RED album, but then I start thinking about how I'm going to put the new show together for The RED Tour," says Taylor. "I have so many ideas about how to really bring this music to life, and I can't wait to share the new show with all my fans!"
taylor swift, music, lincoln financial field, philadelphia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 2 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 21 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos