'Casablanca' piano coming to NYC auction
NEW YORK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The piano used for the song "As Times Goes By" in the classic 1942 film "Casablanca" is getting another turn at fame.
The instrument is going up for sale at Sotheby's in New York on Dec. 14, and the auction house estimates it'll fetch up to $1.2 million.
It's being offered by a Japanese collector on the film's 70th anniversary.
The collector purchased the movie prop at a Sotheby's auction in 1988 for $154,000.
Humphrey Bogart played Rick Blaine in the Oscar-winning World War II love story, opposite Ingrid Bergman's character, Ilsa Lund.
In a famous flashback scene, Rick and Ilsa lean on the piano at a Paris bistro. Sam, played by Dooley Wilson, plays and sings.
They toast as Rick says: "Here's looking at you, kid."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 9 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 2 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 8 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 6 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
1 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos