Thai inmates go 'Gangnam Style' before PSY concert
BANGKOK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A day before South Korean rap sensation PSY brings his "Gangnam Style" to Thailand, scores of inmates have danced to the hit behind barbed wire and bars in a Bangkok prison.
Seventy out of 4,500 prisoners at Bangkok Remand Prison put on a show Tuesday for the media and corrections department executives after competing in a "Gangnam Style" dance contest last week.
Officials said the program was to relieve inmates' stress and help them keep fit.
PSY's "Gangnam Style" this month became the most watched video ever on YouTube. It has spawned hundreds of parodies and tribute videos, including a popular one earlier this year by members of the Thai navy.
PSY will perform in Thailand on Wednesday night - his first show in Asia outside of South Korea.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ