Thai inmates go 'Gangnam Style' before PSY concert
BANGKOK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A day before South Korean rap sensation PSY brings his "Gangnam Style" to Thailand, scores of inmates have danced to the hit behind barbed wire and bars in a Bangkok prison.
Seventy out of 4,500 prisoners at Bangkok Remand Prison put on a show Tuesday for the media and corrections department executives after competing in a "Gangnam Style" dance contest last week.
Officials said the program was to relieve inmates' stress and help them keep fit.
PSY's "Gangnam Style" this month became the most watched video ever on YouTube. It has spawned hundreds of parodies and tribute videos, including a popular one earlier this year by members of the Thai navy.
PSY will perform in Thailand on Wednesday night - his first show in Asia outside of South Korea.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 50 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 25 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 7 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball