Fla. man sues ex-Elmo puppeteer, claims NY abuse
NEW YORK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Florida man has sued the ex-Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid a sex scandal, saying the voice actor met him in New York after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.
The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday by a man who remains anonymous.
The man says he met Kevin Clash on a chat line when he was 16 years old in 2000 and exploring modeling opportunities in New York.
The lawsuit says Clash had numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex. The man, now 29, is the third to make claims against Clash, who resigned from "Sesame Street" last week after 28 years.
A spokeswoman says Clash "believes this lawsuit has no merit."
new york, sesame street, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 27 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos