Lenny Kravitz to play Marvin Gaye in biopic
NEW YORK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lenny Kravitz has signed on for his first leading film role, playing singer Marvin Gaye in a biopic that will be shot next year.
The rocker's publicist Carleen Donovan confirmed the news Tuesday. Kravitz has played supporting roles in the past, including a small part in "The Hunger Games."
Rolling Stone first reported details about the 48-year-old performer's part in the film, directed by Julien Temple.
The magazine says the "Are You Gonna Go My Way" singer will portray Gaye during the 1980s when he was fighting his addictions and attempting to restart his career. Gaye died in 1984 after being shot by his father.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 32 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 12 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 4 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply