Disney Channel to debut 'Sofia the First' Jan. 11
NEW YORK (AP) - November 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Disney says its animated children's series "Sofia the First" will premiere Jan. 11 on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior networks.
Created for kids ages 2 to 7, "Sofia the First" is about a young girl who becomes a princess and learns that honesty, loyalty and compassion are what makes a person royal.
Sofia is voiced by "Modern Family" actress Ariel Winter, and her mother is played by "Grey's Anatomy" star Sara Ramirez.
Last week's premiere of the "Sofia the First" animated movie drew a total audience of more than 5 million viewers. It was the year's top-rated cable TV telecast among kids ages 2 to 5.
In the series' debut episode, Sofia strives to become the first princess to earn a spot on her school's flying derby team.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Bear spotted in Bucks County 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 1 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list